A CSP or Cloud Solutions Provider program enables Microsoft authorized partners like Athen Technology Solutions to sell and support cloud services to customers. Through this programme you can buy your cloud services such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365 and Power BI. The CSP model is designed for the partner to add value to its customers’ cloud experience via support, billing, flexibility and advice. You leave the complexities of licensing, cost and lifecycle management to us and you focus on your business.
Below are the few benefits you would be getting while you buy your cloud services from a CSP.
- Consolidated Billing – All the services you use will be billed under single invoice right from M365 licenses to any azure services. You can move away from credit card usages and pay directly against the invoices.
- Competitive Pricing – You get better pricing for your purchases compared to traditional or direct purchase model.
- Local Support with Escalation Path to Microsoft – You get support from us on the hosted services & subscriptions rather following the tedious job of taking support centre help from Microsoft.
- No Upfront Costs – You pay for what you use. Add or remove subscriptions anytime you need. There is no need of upfront payments.
- Access to MS Partners & Other Benefits – Apart from licensing & support benefits, you would get access to MS partners for your implementation, solutioning, support & pre-sales requirements along with free access to cloud workshops.
Though there are no disadvantages in going through a CSP for your subscription purchases, you may have a few questions in your mind that would. Below are few FAQs that may help you with your decision process.
Q: Will I be having admin access to my subscriptions after moving to CSP?
A: Yes. You own your subscription and tenant. CSP will be just managing your billing.
Q: Who will invoice me?
A: CSP like Athen Tech will be invoicing you. We get invoiced indirectly from Microsoft and we will be billing you on actual usage based on this data.
Q: Can I mov my existing subscription to CSP?
A: Yes you can both move existing subscription and also get new subscriptions from a CSP
Q: Can I change a CSP provider?
A: Yes. You can change the CSP provider anytime you wish.
Q: Can I leave CSP program?
A: Yes. You can move to a direct purchase option any time you wish as the subscriptions are charged on a monthly basis.
Q: Will my subscriptions stop if I do not pay the bills on time.
A: Ultimately yes. We need to clearly avoid such situations. We follow normal process to retrieve the money but we are within our rights to terminate if your invoices are not paid in time. But you get more time to do that with a CSP than with Microsoft.
Q: Will there be an impact in my subscription & services, during the shift to a CSP provider?
A: No. There will be a shift in billing only and the services remains intact.
Are you looking to see how you can simplify your license purchase operations through a CSP and get great benefits out of that? Talk to us and we would get an expert consultant help you with that.